Peter Teaches the Church to Endure Suffering
12 Therefore I intend always to remind you of these qualities, though you know them and are established in the truth that you have. 13 I think it right, as long as I am in this body, to stir you up by way of reminder, 14 since I know that the putting off of my body will be soon, as our Lord Jesus Christ made clear to me. 15 And I will make every effort so that after my departure you may be able at any time to recall these things.
– 2 Peter 1:12-15
- Peter repeats the basics v 12
- Peter models what he teaches vv 13-14
- Peter inspires obedience vv 13-15
Life group questions:
1. Why is it important for Peter to constantly remind the basics to the church?
2. What are your fears as a believer and follower of Christ?
3. How does Peter’s address to the church help you face those fears? (Meditate and reflect on 2 Pet 1:3-15)
4. What is theology? Is it necessary to be a theologian to follow Jesus? How could a believer be a good theologian?
5. As Peter inspires obedience towards trust in the LORD, what practical steps could you take in order to be stirred up?
6. What metaphor did Peter use to describe his body in verse 13? (Pastor Shaun explained this in his sermon)
7. As we approach closer to our death each day, how do we face the fear of death? And what encouragement do we have from Peter’s teaching regarding the fear of death? (also reflect on the whole counsel of the Bible)
8. If your life here on earth is momentary, how are you preparing and setting your mind on eternal life?
If you would like to give specifically towards ongoing work for the Ukraine, here are some options we recommend.
http://ucclife.fi/give (please use reference code 5555, and add the message “Ukraine”)