Living out of our Heavenly Identity
Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good? But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. “Do not fear their threats; do not be frightened.” But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander. For it is better, if it is God’s will, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil. –1 Peter 3:13-17
- Eager to Do Good
- Revere Christ as Lord = Hope
- Be Prepared to Share the Reason for Your Hope
1. Are you eager to do good? How can the Gospel be our greatest motivation for doing good?
2. Have you ever suffered for doing good? Do you regard good works optional or essential? Have you pushed yourself to do good things even if you didn’t feel like it?
3. What do you fear? How can that fear be replaced by hope in Christ?
4. What are some ways you can prepare yourself for sharing your hope in the gospel with others?