Diploma in Christian Studies
This diploma in Christian studies provides foundational training for Christians and is designed especially with lay leaders and members of UCC
THE EIGHT CORE COURSES INCLUDE:
Salvation, Gospel Identity, Bible Overview, Church History, Biblical Interpretation, Evangelism and Discipleship, Christian Theology, Gospel Change and Ministry
OPTIONAL COURSES INCLUDE:
Biblical Languages, Christian Doctrine
The aim of this diploma is that participants:
- Gain a general understanding of both Old and New Testaments
- Develop basic Bible interpretation skills
- Overview of the history of the Church
- Fundamental knowledge of Christian doctrine
- Basic knowledge of the Gospel and its relationship to Christian living
- Increased joy in salvation
Earn Academic Credit from Agricola Theological Institute & Admission into a Masters degree.
How It Works:
THE DIPLOMA IN CHRISTIAN STUDIES
Complete 8 courses and earn your church level diploma
(Complete 4 courses and earn your Certificate in Christian Studies)
Complete assessments and assignments, attend weekly tutorials with the teacher, receive ECTS credits
ENTRY TO MASTERS IN THEOLOGICAL STUDIES
Receive qualifications to apply for a Master of Theological Studies degree,
which entails two years of study through Agricola Theological Institute
Overview: Diploma of Christian Studies
Through our partnership with Agricola Theological Institute (ATI), we are offering an 8 course diploma program over two years; we will teach two courses per semester for the next two years. (4 courses will earn you a church-level certificate.)
All courses are open to anyone who attends UCC, and are free of cost. Everyone is welcome! You need no previous training and the course is free of charge for the diploma certificate level completion. Should you wish to purchase the course textbook, you can do so through UCC.
Sign ups are for each individual course; we do not require a 2 year commitment.
The diploma courses are custom designed for the ATI Masters program. Those wanting to earn ECTS credits and the option of continuing their studies at ATI will be required to do additional coursework. This will include reading and writing assignments, weekly tutorials, and a final assessment, and will cost €100 per course.
With the additional coursework completed, your accredited Diploma of Christian Studies will serve as the educational requirement to be able to apply for the ATI Masters of Theological Studies program. The MTS course is 6 courses including a Masters dissertation.
Each course (6-8 classes each) will be taught weekly on Sunday nights. We recommend you attend in person, although it is possible to attend via a live stream if necessary.
- SPRING 2021
- Salvation: Feb 7th until March 28th
- Gospel Identity: April 11th until May 30th
- AUTUMN 2021
- Bible Overview: September 5th until October 31st
- Church History: November 7th until December 5th
- SPRING 2022
- Biblical Interpretation: Feb 6th until April 3rd
- Evangelism and Discipleship: April 24th until June 5th
- AUTUMN 2022
- Christian Theology: September 11th until October 23rd
- Gospel Change and Ministry: October 30th until December 4th
Biblical Languages, Christian Doctrine
WHAT IF I CAN’T ATTEND THE CLASSES? WHAT ABOUT COVID-19?
- Everything will be streamed live online and will be accessible through our archives; however, we encourage you to attend in person for the best learning experience.
CAN I JUST DO ONE COURSE / MODULE?
- Absolutely! Each course or module is a standalone and does not require any prior attendance or completion of other courses, or any prior education.
WHAT ABOUT COST?
- For any non-accredited attendance, there is no cost. Purchasing the textbook is recommended, but not required.
- For an accredited diploma, the cost is €100 per module + purchase of textbooks
WHAT KIND OF WORK IS INVOLVED?
- You can simply attend the classes.
- For the accredited diploma, we will require a textbook to be read, and an essay of about 2000 words. ATI tutors will be available to help you through the process.
DO I NEED ANY PREVIOUS STUDY IN THEOLOGY OR OTHER ACADEMIC TRAINING?
- No previous education is required.
WHO ARE THE CLASSES FOR?
- Any adult attender of UCC
CAN MY NON-UCC FRIEND COME?
- We are happy to consider applicants from outside of UCC – please direct all inquiries directly to Shaun.
HOW CAN I APPLY TO ATI FOR MORE EDUCATION?
- The Agricola Theological Institute is a local, church-based training institute that aims to prepare men and women for the ministry of the Word of God, so that God’s people can be nourished by his Word and his holy name be glorified. To inquire about the possibility of further theological training – anything from auditing classes or pursuing a full degree – please contact Shaun (firstname.lastname@example.org).